Flood hazard overflow box

Been dying to get this over flow box up and running but I am nervous. The hose that came with the system fits like a used pair of shoes; comfortable but not exactly snug. I’ve test fitted multiple times and it works but if I bump it too hard it falls out and water goes everywhere. Any tips out there to fasten this without gluing in case I needed to maintenance something here? This is my first time using a sump system and I need to get it right so I’ve been trying to be patient. Thanks In advance! 🐡🐟🐠

BE5D7C86-10A4-418D-8557-990CBFA908B8.jpeg

D0F73C98-F618-4DCB-A5A1-396FD5285D64.jpeg

Can you get an adapter fitting for pvc that is threaded on the opposite end. Glue the adapter to the  pvc then screw it to the threads. Much more secure and still able to maintenance 

edit add. No way would I trust that to not work loose with the vibration of running water over time. Wise move to find a way to secure it 👏 

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Thanks 1

I know you don't want to glue it for maintenance reasons but IMO that is the only way your going to get it "secure" as is.

An alternative would be to glue the PVC into the bulkhead and then add a watertight coupler inline on the PVC itself.

• Thanks 1