Repashy

D Miller

I'm looking to try Repashy foods for my guppies.

• Approx. how much do you feed a school of 10 guppies?
  • Can/will it last 24-48hrs in a tank without causing water issues?
  • any other pros/cons?

Looking for a way to be able to take long weekends, or be able to say to fish babysitter "just drop in 1 block per tank". type thing.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Guppies will consume ALL of it in an hour or less.  They will eat until it’s gone. Mine are 🐷.  If you are going for a week and it is an established planted tank they will be just fine. More danger I water quality from heavy feeding at the beginning. Zenzo has many vacation videos about tanks on his Tazawa tanks. Just search YouTube for vacation on how to prep and what to do. He left his entire humongous fish room on vacation no feeding no issues. Hope that helps. 

• Like 3

On 7/13/2022 at 7:09 AM, D Miller said:

Can/will it last 24-48hrs in a tank without causing water issues?

Absolutely, worst case is after a while you have a pile of fluff on the bottom.

Approx. how much do you feed a school of 10 guppies?

In my case I have one tank that has a school of ~30 panda Corys and one tank that has 5 black Corys as well as otos and shrimp.

When I make mine I do freeze it and so I end up cutting it into a grid about 1/2" squares. I would recommend smaller squares but it's a little bit easier to freeze when it's slightly bigger.

On the tank with more fish they get 2 squares and it's basically gone in 4-12 hours. On the tank with less Corys I try to find a half cube or a small one and it's usually there for a good 12-24 hours.

any other pros/cons?

Very high quality ingredients, you can stick it on pretty much anything and then toss that back into the tank, feeds very easily and is a different texture and eating experience for the fish.

• Like 1