Taia naticoides Piano snails another adventure

• 1 month later...

Yeeeeees. 

I have a 10, a 20L, and now a 55 and a 6 and a split 5/5 (probably chili rasboras, it has a hole for them to go back and forth in) 

So clearly I need plants and things. 

Edited by Miska
  • Like 2

After acquiring a new group of wizard snails and using a coarse sand/ fine gravel substrate I realized the huge difference in behaviors. I also had previously redone a tank and used a very small gravel. They dig more in the small gravel. 
I decided to give the 3 bare bottom Piano snail tanks a small layer of the new coarse sand. 
Almost immediately they all started digging. 

02F9BBD7-7965-4F19-82B5-C12C910046F0.jpeg

8C07768B-5B9E-4AF7-811F-EB7B400C63E2.jpeg

FC759620-0829-46AA-91D1-C9E9E385B21F.jpeg

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

Due to my venturing into dwarf cichlids mist of my tanks need softer water than my typical liquid rock tap. 
I do not feel it is best for breeding snails especially livebearers any more.  I’m keeping a few piano snails but the bulk and breeding projects of the piano snails, white wizard snails and Asolene Spixii snails has been given to @Elodie Rose

So I’m turning these journals over to her so she will update them 🤗

The Piano Snails are in a tank together, with a sand bottom, some wood, rocks, leaf litter, hornwort, and java moss. A pair of guppies and four shrimp joined them. I’ve seen one itty bitty baby! So, so cute. I’m keeping my eye out for more babies, and will get some pictures up soon. Apologies for the potato quality. 

They’re getting a diet of grindal worms, baby brine shrimp, frozen brine shrimp, frozen bloodworms, spirulina powder/pellets, kens wafers, and a few other prepared foods, like repashy and bug bites, as well as veggies - either steamed or frozen. 

IMG_5741.jpeg

IMG_5731.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1