Ghost Shrimp Shortage?

FLFishChik

I’ve been trying for weeks to find Ghost Shrimp in my area but everyone is saying “they are so difficult to get” right now. Normally, they are available everywhere. Anyone know why they are so difficult to come by?

Edited by FLFishChik
Photo

I haven’t heard that, but it may be true. I thought I saw a number of them in our LFS a few weeks ago. Mostly imported from FL to our locals shops, these shrimp multiply pretty well.

If you’re interested in considering something _similar_ that _is_ available, check out this “snowball shrimp” for sale by AquaHuna…

https://aquahuna.com/collections/freshwater-shrimps/products/snowball-shrimp

In my area, pygmy corys have been out of stock for months. They've come back in stock a few times over the last two months but the price has gone from $5 a fish to $10 a fish. I can't justify spending that much money to get a small group. 

My lfs had trouble getting some species of common nano fish since the pandemic started

On 7/7/2022 at 8:55 AM, Fish Folk said:

I haven’t heard that, but it may be true. I thought I saw a number of them in our LFS a few weeks ago. Mostly imported from FL to our locals shops, these shrimp multiply pretty well.

If you’re interested in considering something _similar_ that _is_ available, check out this “snowball shrimp” for sale by AquaHuna…

https://aquahuna.com/collections/freshwater-shrimps/products/snowball-shrimp

I've seen those on Aqua Huna website! I purchased Blue and Cherry shrimp a few weeks ago and saw those. I live in FL, but maybe the Ghost Shrimp are being reserved for Out of State shops? IDK... it's a bit strange that we can't seem to find them here lately.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 9:41 AM, sairving said:

In my area, pygmy corys have been out of stock for months. They've come back in stock a few times over the last two months but the price has gone from $5 a fish to $10 a fish. I can't justify spending that much money to get a small group. 

My lfs had trouble getting some species of common nano fish since the pandemic started

Neon Tetra and Cherry Shrimp did that here. Couldn't get them for a little while, then when they showed back up, Neon Tetra are now $4.00 each and Cherry Shrimp are $5.00 each (!?!?). I purchased both from Aqua Huna (Cardinal Tetra were cheaper from them than LFS who wanted $5 each for them) at a much better price.