Does anyone have a Paludarium?

sweetpoison

I’ve been considering a Paludarium or riparium type setup. I actually have a Aquatop rimless 20 gallon tall that would work well. I'd probably shoot for about five gallons of water so I could have a few fish or inverts. 

The dream would be one of the large DOOA setups. 

39F5271F-33C7-4678-8C10-12C55F2CC3AA.jpeg

Edited by Patrick_G

On 7/5/2022 at 7:43 AM, Patrick_G said:

I’ve been considering a Paludarium or riparium type setup. I actually have a Aquatop rimless 20 gallon tall that would work well. I'd probably shoot for about five gallons of water so I could have a few fish or inverts. 

The dream would be one of the large DOOA setups. 

39F5271F-33C7-4678-8C10-12C55F2CC3AA.jpeg

Vivaruim, Riparuim, Paludarium!!  I’ve been reading and reading about these three things!  Definitely have to have a lid for no escapees.  I also couldn’t find ~ do I HAVE to have live plants?  That could be a dealbreaker for me🥺

I’ve taken on the challenge of fake and silk plants in my new aquarium😂 they may not be less expensive but I can’t kill them🤗

I really wanna do one of these because I want my vampire crab!  I saw a tiny kit for beginners….

On 7/5/2022 at 7:58 AM, eatyourpeas said:

Thanks for the reference, @Biotope Biologist.

Yes, I have three Apricot Vampire crabs that are almost a year old. They are fun, even though they hid a lot in the beginning. Will eat snails, but not touch the Neocaridina shrimp.

Happy to see someone else getting them! 😃 🦀

Well you are my new best friend♥️👏 do you have pictures of your tank and your wet pet?

Apricot Vampire Crab ~  have not heard that one… off to Google

It will be a while, right now I’m learning how to cycle a tank without a seeded sponge!  And did you know it doesn’t happen on its own just by watching it?🙄You have to like add ammonia or something🤦‍♀️

I’m gonna get Crabs though.

That didn’t sound very good!😩

You get to decorate it however you want! In the hobby palidaruims and ripariums usually include lots of live plants, but if you want to just use wood and rock then that's what you should do. 🙂

I think a few moss balls, some Java moss and some Anubias plants would look nice and add some extra life to the tank. It's worth looking into. 

On 7/5/2022 at 7:14 AM, sweetpoison said:

I was thinking for my next project, Vampire Crabs🫣

i’ve been reading about them for days ~ I love those other creatures!

3304758E-611B-422E-AA55-3DA98D95BF4A.png

If you need inspiration I invite you to look at user Crazydas riparium work (or something like that) that was an epic tank.