Test kit problems.

Brandon p

The KH is similar both in the tank and at the tap. The tap reads.  Close to 80 but the tanks are 0. That is fairly normal for a low KH reading in the tanks. I have a well and the water is liquid rock. A lot of mg but no Ca. Normally the hardness is over 300+. I have a test from the well but not convenient. The ph difference is what is scary to me now the tap water test were different. The tap Ph on the test strips is dark red over 8. The liquid test show the opposite and show very low at 6 or 6.2. Most of my fish do well in low ph. I breed angelfish, guppies, brittlenose, and some cories. I’m in SWFl so rains just start and I am wondering if that has any to do with it. I’m not going to test water tonight. I was freaked out when I saw that they were so different. If you have any other questions or information I would be happy to provide it to you. If I did answer your question I’m sorry and will do what I can to help. I was not expecting to hear from you. Since the l-333 bring good money I’m trying to kept things repeatable. Even with my crazy water I have not had fish that don’t do well. I’m only about 1.5 hours south of the fish farms in the Tampa area and across the alley from Miami. I figure if they can grow so much there I should be out. We have my Amazon fish in the channels here. 
Sorry the test is the issue and ideas? 45D79822-88F0-4223-AC53-02CA3065CCF3.jpeg.f488c8ac5d5ef26d39f0d6fd6ee1173c.jpeg

2D1970C6-961C-4601-9AB1-344515D82933.jpeg

FD63998F-ADC2-43D6-90C6-721147238FF4.jpeg

I am obsessed with testing my water I test each of my aquariums multiple times a week mostly keeping an eye on nitrates for plants and hardness for shrimp and snails. I only use and like the Aquarium Co Op test strips. Every once in awhile I get a off color that stands out from the norm. I just test again and all is good, sometimes it happens where one block or strip is a dud. 

I got the test strips because they where a quick test for me. Both test were always close. If I just keep fish for fun( which I do) and no business happened I would care. Over the past 20 years in this home the fish have never. Really never had issues with and types of fish. I have a well and I’m in a subtropical area so winter is dry and summer rains everyday. That does change the water in the aquifer that the well pulls from does change. The big thing was each test was so different. I may call tomorrow so they have all the info if others have the same problem. I used a 3rd ph test so I have a good idea of which is correct but untill I’m sure I’m not going say. 

I would test the tank one more time with the strips. The strips are showing variation between different water sources, and as long as they are kept dry, and stored in a cool dry place I have not had problems with the strips. When the reagents in the liquid test go bad, I have gotten reverse reactions, especially if I accidentally contaminated the bottle, or accidentally swithced bottle placement and used one other than the one I thought I grabbed.