Moving Molly to Breeder box

AtomCatMatt

Is there a bigger tub you can temporary use? Add some floating plants / moss and an airstone?

Breeder boxes cause a lot of stress. I personally do not use them.

An alternative I've used is floating pond baskets. They have tiny holes in them and the fry swim up in there. I got mine from the local garden store. They float on their own and the fry are clearly visible in there. I dont put fish in there as again it will just stress them out and they will jump out of it. What I would also do is cover the tank the next time the lights go out and keep it dark so to give the female chances to hide from the males if there is a lot of chasing going around.

8 minutes ago, Wesley said:

Is there a bigger tub you can temporary use? Add some floating plants / moss and an airstone?

Breeder boxes cause a lot of stress. I personally do not use them.

An alternative I've used is floating pond baskets. They have tiny holes in them and the fry swim up in there. I got mine from the local garden store. They float on their own and the fry are clearly visible in there. I dont put fish in there as again it will just stress them out and they will jump out of it. What I would also do is cover the tank the next time the lights go out and keep it dark so to give the female chances to hide from the males if there is a lot of chasing going around.

I do have a 25 gallon stock tub but I don’t have any biological filter to put in it do you think she would be all right in there by herself and 20 gallons of water. Plus plants

20 gallons is quite a big water volume so that should definitely be good for a couple days. Just make sure to not overfeed and have at least an airstone in there. Move her back to the main tank after you see she got thinner, which indicates she has dropped fry.

• Thanks 1