Need help! Betta with popeye or something…

TaraBarnes

Posted on here on Sunday but his eye isn’t any better. I need more advice. 

Help please. I have a 2 year old betta that has popeye (I think?). I have been treating him in a hospital tank for 4 weeks now. I used EM Erythromycin for one week, then fritz maracyn for two weeks. I know they are the same medication, but I like the Fritz brand which is why I switched. Everything I could find online said that’s the best treatment. But the medicine did not help at all. Up until Sunday he was still very active and eating just fine, on Sunday he started to get lethargic and hiding so I posted on here to see if I should change the medication.  I thought about using salt and was told from someone on here to try it. I added 3 teaspoons to 3 gallons of water (same as 1 tablespoon for 3 gal). After two days it didn’t seem to do anything so I added another 1/2 of a teaspoon.  He still isn’t getting any better. What should I do?? Please help, this poor guy is suffering and I don’t know how to help him. He’s not himself but he’s still pretty active for having an eye look this bad. He’s also still eating and pooping just fine. Any help on what to do would be greatly appreciated! Thank you. 

water temp- 80 degrees 

ammonia- 0

nitrite- 0

nitrate- 10

PH- 8 I know that’s high, but I live in the utah mountains, my kh is also high so my ph doesn’t move up or down ever. 

D8FEFAA1-B3C9-4701-8FCE-AB50689FCB6A.jpeg

B135343D-B91A-4296-82A3-B5C919A6B319.jpeg

Edited by TaraBarnes

What I would suggest keep adding the salt and do a course of maracyn2 in food the active ingredient minocycline has antiinflammatory properties may help reduce the swelling of the eye with injury's to the eye it can take a long time before you will start to see any improvement  his eye may never fully heal he could be left blind in that eye

Screenshot_20220510-014039~2.png