only guppies - 20 with fry

PH -7.2

GH - 6-8

KH - 2

Ammonia - .25

Nitrite - <.25

Nitrate - 5

Temp - 78°

I just did a 75% water change back to back and got the following results. KH, GH, and PH are not buffered and is pure tap.

I was gone for several days for work and came back to a plant die off and a high ammonia spike of 2-3. One guppie was dead with no signs of why and one as a bad cotton ball fungus on its tail. 

This is a new tank set up. Only 2 weeks old and the guppies are from the same store so all went in. I never did any meds due to rather wanting to watch them instead of dosing unnecessarily. 

I was going to use Jungle Fungus clear and some salt and call it a day but considered also adding maracyn or Maracyn 2 just to be on the safe side. Will this affect my fry and what’s your opinion on the meds? Pretty sure ammonia spike killed the first and weakened the second to get the fungal infection. 

current meds on hand 

Maracyn 

maracyn 2 

kanaplex 

tetra lifegaurd 

para cleanse 

ich-x

jungle fungus clear 

aquarium salt 

almond leaves 

0E08AD9A-08FF-41E1-BED5-915713FD1519.jpeg

8B9AB5A8-702D-4064-808B-99537BEF1670.jpeg

BFBEFB70-EB43-4D74-95A4-808CB206E2FA.jpeg

Edited by lmhicks101
Adding meds to list of on hand

What I would do is daily water changes and add prime to help detoxify any ammonia and nitirte if you don't remove the cause it will take longer for your fish to respond to treatment what I would do is a course of maracyn in food and ick x to treat the water column  the active ingredient in ick X malachite is effective at treating fungal infection

Screenshot_20220510-014039~2.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/5/2022 at 7:58 PM, Colu said:

What I would do is daily water changes and add prime to help detoxify any ammonia and nitirte if you don't remove the cause it will take longer for your fish to respond to treatment what I would do is a course of maracyn in food and ick x to treat the water column  the active ingredient in ick X malachite is effective at treating fungal infection

Screenshot_20220510-014039~2.png

Thank you. I need to get some garlic gaurd and focus and will get it going asap. How will the ich-x affect fry?

On 6/5/2022 at 9:49 PM, Colu said:

Ick x shouldn't affect your guppy fry @lmhicks101

So I ended up losing that one and now I lost 3 more fish. I couldn’t do the food yet as I’m waiting for garlic guard to come in the mail but focus came in this morning. No stores around have them. Now one of the guppies is showing signs of saddle back and another is showing signs of Popeyes. Several others are flashing in the sand a lot. I’ve been dosing ich-x and changing water every day and doing prime as well. I also lost 3 more guppies today but the fry are doing good. 

Maracyn 

maracyn 2 

kanaplex 

tetra lifegaurd 

para cleanse 

ich-x

jungle fungus clear 

aquarium salt 

almond leaves

seachem focus

Edited by lmhicks101

What I would do is start treating with kanaplex in food and jungal fungas clear fizz tabs to treat the water column what your describing could be Columnaris you don't have to use garlic guard it helps to stimulate their appetite so they are more likely to eat the medicated food it's not essential that you use it @lmhicks101

Edited by Colu
  • Thanks 1

I appreciate it. Thank you. 

On 6/7/2022 at 9:40 PM, Colu said:

What I would do is start treating with kanaplex in food and jungal fungas clear fizz tabs to treat the water column what your describing could be Columnaris you don't have to use garlic guard it helps to stimulate their appetite so they are more likely to eat the medicated food it's not essential that you use it @lmhicks101

Would you still recommend adding focus in with the KanaPlex food?