Betta with Popeye

TaraBarnes

Help please. I have a 2 year old betta that has popeye. I have been treating him in a hospital tank for 3 weeks now. I used EM Erythromycin for one week, and have been using fritz maracyn for the last two weeks. I know they are the same medication, but I like the Fritz brand which is why I switched. Everything I can find online says that’s the best treatment. But the medicine hasn’t helped at all. He’s been very active and eating just fine this entire time until today he seems to be a little lethargic and hiding. He’s in a hospital tank so his water parameters are perfect. What other medication can I use? I’ve read Kanaplex is often recommended, but doesn’t work very well. I like to treat everything I can with aquarium salt, but can’t find anything on line that says salt is a good treatment for popeye and I’m honestly afraid if I add salt it will hurt his eye??? Any help on what to do would be greatly appreciated! Thank you. 

ammonia- 0

nitrite- 0

nitrate- 10

PH- 8 I know that’s high, but I live in the utah mountains, my kh is also high so my ph doesn’t move up or down ever. 

3228A8AD-3921-45D2-8CA6-6A16FCB3D854.jpeg

It's usually cause by an injury when it only affecting one eye aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 3 gallons will help reduce the swelling in the eye I would stop treating with maracyn I think 3 course is enough if we're bacterial you would have seen some improvement by now

• Thanks 1