Extra 10gal tank ideas

TeeJay

Hey everyone. I have an extra ten gal tank setting around. Was thinking of setting it up. Currently have a 29 gal guppy tank and a 10 gal grow out tank for guppy's. Wanted to try something else. I could make an extra grow out for guppy's but wanted to see else I could do.

• Like 1

I started my celestial pearl danios in a 10 with neocaridina shrimp and snails. It was a very cool little tank. 

Oh I almost forgot…you wanted Pygmy corydora. When I first got my group they were in a 10 with Celestial pearl danios shrimp mystery and bladder snails…also a very cool tank 😎 

• Like 1

That's true I forgot about the pygmy Cory's. But I know I have a lot more guppy's coming quick maybe I should use it for that until I find if my lfs will take the juveniles. Idk so many choices to make.

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat with an extra 10 gallon. I'm thinking of doing an iwagumi scape with some chili rasboras and maybe a betta but I'd have to figure out a way to provide him places for cover. Hope you can put together something you like!

• Love 1

On 6/3/2022 at 10:50 AM, billango said:

I'm in the same boat with an extra 10 gallon. I'm thinking of doing an iwagumi scape with some chili rasboras and maybe a betta but I'd have to figure out a way to provide him places for cover. Hope you can put together something you like!

You could alway throw some floaters in for cover. I have red root floaters in my 3 gal and my betta loves to hide within the roots. 

Edited by Cbass
  • Like 2

On 6/3/2022 at 11:01 AM, Cbass said:

You could alway throw some floaters in for cover. I have red root floaters in my 3 gal and my betta loves to hide within the roots. 

maybe ill try that out. I do have some floaters with some dense roots in my larger tank I could use. thanks

• Like 1