Spotted Congo puffer with epystilis

Stephen Zawacki

Have you got a picture of the fish just in case something else is going on but if it is Epistylis the most effective treatment is kanaplex in food and ick x to treat the water column as Epistylis feeds off gram negative bacterial on the skin of your fish spreads more slowly at lower temperatures 

Screenshot_20210806-030958~2.png

• Like 1

I would  water change out the other medications and start the medicated food feeding a small amount twice a day for 7 days store any leftover medicated food in the fridge and ick x to dose the tank the combined treatment should do the trick 

On 5/30/2022 at 10:25 PM, Stephen Zawacki said:

Ok sounds good and should i use the water feom the bloodworms thawing or still th3 fews drops? Also j cannot get kanaplex or focus, can i just do marycyn in tbe food will it br thr same effectivness 

If you can't get kanaplex I would use Maracyn2   maracyn isn't very effective at treating Epistylis in food still add a couple of drops of water focus helps bind the medication to the food but you don't have to use it just make the medicated food following the recipe leaving out the focus 

Screenshot_20220510-014039~2.png

Edited by Colu