Plecos & plants?

My lemon blue eyed bristlenose never touch my plants. Even delicate crypts Val’s and swords have been safe. If they are not supplementally fed well they will eat plants. I have 1 that uses a large anubias leaf as it’s “cave” that leaf over time has sustained considerable damage from hours every day hanging upside down on it but the pleco is not actually eating it. 

• Like 2

On 5/27/2022 at 4:41 PM, Guppysnail said:

My lemon blue eyed bristlenose never touch my plants. Even delicate crypts Val’s and swords have been safe. If they are not supplementally fed well they will eat plants. I have 1 that uses a large anubias leaf as it’s “cave” that leaf over time has sustained considerable damage from hours every day hanging upside down on it but the pleco is not actually eating it. 

Thanks Guppy but I'm thinking an adult will be too big to keep long term.  Id essentially be 'renting it' for my 10g algea Journal and after that id need to rehome it!

On 5/27/2022 at 3:08 PM, JoeQ said:

Thanks Guppy but I'm thinking an adult will be too big to keep long term.  Id essentially be 'renting it' for my 10g algea Journal and after that id need to rehome it!

If its just for a 10g algae control id just get a nerite snail

I have had 2 bristolnose pelcos   1st one ate and dug  at every  plants and  the 2nd one  leaves all my  plants alone except for the  swords  the 2nd one i bought a few plants and tested him   before buying allot of plants

not sureif it i true  since my first my first one  at every plant  but i have heard if you feed  them vegetables and they do not stay  hungry they will stay away from plants .,

Edited by Bev C