Just for fun

Cinnebuns

All of these questions are the best questions!

Would be too funny to see a part two of this story ^^ and hear what happened with the tank and stuff.

I remember a few times, I was at the big box store and the guy running this particular one is awesome.  We would talk briefly, and he was always very professional, helpful, knowledgeable, and was really good at guiding people. There were a few times when a customer would walk up and I'm the type to just observe and if I actually have a way to help make life easier I might offer advice.  Like someone who was in there asking about a giant pleco for their "pond" that was nothing more than a tote with some goldfish.  We all hear questions like that, but one of the few times, ACO had just dropped a video, I'd go to the shop and then hear someone asking a question that referenced a really awesome video. 

There was a few of those moments. Someone asking about tiger barbs and I point them to the 800G video.  Someone asking about glofish and making a tank, I would politely help them decide on adding 3-4 of the same fish on their list and explain why.  It's always nice when you know that the person you're talking to really just wants to ask a question, and they are really happy and relieved to get a decent answer and not have to wonder if they are doing the right thing.

One guy, he was shopping for a filter, I was in the shop getting some sponge to cut up and a net.  He didn't know what to get, so I explained to him my setup and pointed him to a few of the videos (just so they could see it and know that it's good knowledge).  Again, instead of buying something he was unsure of, the person was able to look it up real quick and made it so much easier for them to enjoy the hobby just by having something to point to as a common piece of knowledge.

• Like 2

So I had a family member that wanted to get fish for their kids.  Asked if I had any suggestions and or equipment.  They didn’t want to invest a lot of money just in case the kids didn’t stay interested in the hobby.  I gave them a twenty gallon long, stand, light, undergravel filter, air pump, HOB, gravel, heater, and food and some swordtails and cory catfish.  After almost 2 years they called and asked ….     Wait for it…….   Here you go……if I wanted to buy everything.  Hoping to get $50.00 for it all in a yard sale.  

On 5/26/2022 at 2:05 PM, Brian said:

So I had a family member that wanted to get fish for their kids.  Asked if I had any suggestions and or equipment.  They didn’t want to invest a lot of money just in case the kids didn’t stay interested in the hobby.  I gave them a twenty gallon long, stand, light, undergravel filter, air pump, HOB, gravel, heater, and food and some swordtails and cory catfish.  After almost 2 years they called and asked ….     Wait for it…….   Here you go……if I wanted to buy everything.  Hoping to get $50.00 for it all in a yard sale.  

I would have responded "I already did, how do you think I got it to bring it over?"

• Haha 1