Is this enough for summer tubbing?

dan12boy

On 5/22/2022 at 8:45 PM, Nate s said:
On 5/22/2022 at 4:39 PM, Fish Folk said:

We are in Allegany County. Hillbilly land! There are 2x LFS in town, plus a PetSmart. But we are part of Potomac Valley Aquarium Society that meets monthly in Fairfax. Lots of great aquarists there! Auctions usually have very nice fish.

We are permitted to sell on the forum now, following guidelines. Reach out / PM if there’s something we breed that you’re interested in.  

I have a bunch of relatives in Gerrett county in grantsville. My cousins go to college in frostburg. I live in Kentucky but will be up in MD in October for a wedding. Beautiful up there in your parts 

Yep! FSU is 10 minutes away. My eldest son does a lot of bird photography out in these parts. 

I'm just now seeing this, but I have tubs outside with just plants, guppies, and shrimp.  No air circulation or mechanical filtration; just plants for filtration.  I have hornwort in one of them and guppy grass in the others.  Both plants survived the winter outside.  They're between 20 and 25 gallons, and in almost complete shade (I'm in southeast Texas, so I don't think they'd do well in full sun).  They generally get a 10 gallon water change about once a week; less if we've had rain.

I believe you said you're in Maryland, so obviously the conditions there are different, but heat certainly shouldn't be an issue for you.  Be sure to bring the fish in before the temperatures get much below 55°.  My shrimp survived okay last winter with the tops iced over for a couple of days.