Wanting to add length to co2 tubing

Slick_Nick

Hello I need some help from someone with experience with pressurized co2. I’ve had my co2 up and running for about 9 months now and I absolutely love it I’m glad I spent the money up front and got an awesome setup. I literally got it dialed in and haven’t touched it since! I would like to cut a new piece of co2 tubing a little bit longer so I can change where my diffuser sits unfortunately when I cut it originally I didn’t leave any extra hose to be able to move it where I now want it. When the co2 is turned off for the night am I able to just remove the hose and add another? Or is there a bunch of pressure in the line? Would I have to completely close all the valves to do it and then get it dialed back in? My reason for moving it is to have it in the flow of my internal filter so I can remove my hob. I’d like to have a nice wall of rotalas across the back but the hob pushes the stems down right now from the outflow. I appreciate any help! B3CC1416-2E30-49B1-8D0F-58B25706D7C8.jpeg.46b9ef87e1a3e86f6dc6121f2dc231cf.jpeg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Usually not much pressure is left in the line after it's been off for a bit. But even when running, I don't worry about removing mine. I also only use Aquarium Co-Op airline tubing instead of specific co2 tubing.

On 5/21/2022 at 1:23 PM, Cory said:

Usually not much pressure is left in the line after it's been off for a bit. But even when running, I don't worry about removing mine. I also only use Aquarium Co-Op airline tubing instead of specific co2 tubing.

I appreciate your response Cory thank you!! I feel much better about doing it now!

On 5/21/2022 at 2:06 PM, Brian said:

That is a gorgeous setup.   Well done

Thank you Brian I actually re did a lot of it a couple months back it used to have 44 pieces of dragonstone in it. I went a little overboard on the hardscape here’s how it looked before. Do you like it better now or before? Unfortunately the pogostemon didn’t bounce back when I re did the tank I love the look of that plant6315F6EA-9F80-4A05-877B-AAC2CE19BD30.jpeg.893199a9a61a0f022fa076217c1e91a7.jpeg

• Like 1

The extra co2 tubing I had wasn’t long enough to reach to the far end of the tank where I wanted it so I just moved the internal filter to the other side so it’s now blowing across the tank from the opposite end. Might as well make sure it’s going to work properly before getting more co2 tubing. I moved my co2 diffuser from the back glass under the hob I want to remove and have it on the side now directly under the internal filter. It doesn’t seem to spread the co2 as effectively as the water pouring in from the hob but I’m still seeing co2 bubbles throughout the water column. I’ll just give it some time and see how things go!BB1D271A-4A67-45DA-AF1B-1D5AF59CA540.jpeg.10f9d0e4a158555162d76c83ef34ad06.jpeg