Diamond eye?!

JessLynne7

On 5/25/2022 at 8:43 AM, Colu said:

Do you not what the pleco died of

I posted on forums (here) and researched. It was the first fish Illness I had delt with. He was all red I thought it was septicemias others said ammonia burn. I treated with antibiotics and had a cycle crash and spiked ammonia and nitrites. However the redness just showed up after a few after change and gravel vac (day or two later).

he was red on his mouth face body and fins under the skin. He ate for awhile and I treated with antibiotics. His redness went away almost completely except a small amount in his fins. Then he quit eating and his fins started to fall off and then he died about 4-5 days after he stopped eating.

I had her for over three years (pleco)

best guess bacterial infection if she had ammonia burn I think it came after the antibiotics and cycle crashed. 

Edited by JessLynne7

On 5/25/2022 at 10:16 PM, Colu said:

I think it wouldn't hurt to do a course of kanaplex in food just to cover against any secondary bacterial infection I would feed a small amount twice a day for 7 days @JessLynne7

Screenshot_20210806-030958~2.png

I dosed the water with the kanaplex and been feeding metro in the food.

I will mix up some kanaplex in the food and switch it up. Tha k you

@Colu

so he seems to be better. He still has that lump on his head but no better or worse.

he is active now and being his normal self. Maybe a little over active.

I have been feeding kanaplex in food just to be sure he doesn’t get an infection from scale loss.

After months of battling cycle crashes we are still cycled at 0 ammonia and 0 nitrites. Nitrates stay very low they where at 10. He’s the only fish in the tank and I do have live plants and change the water weekly or more if something else is happening.

just wanted to give you an update and thank you for the hell

• Like 2

On 5/28/2022 at 8:18 AM, JessLynne7 said:

@Colu

so he seems to be better. He still has that lump on his head but no better or worse.

he is active now and being his normal self. Maybe a little over active.

I have been feeding kanaplex in food just to be sure he doesn’t get an infection from scale loss.

After months of battling cycle crashes we are still cycled at 0 ammonia and 0 nitrites. Nitrates stay very low they where at 10. He’s the only fish in the tank and I do have live plants and change the water weekly or more if something else is happening.

just wanted to give you an update and thank you for the hell

Good to here!

It's a difficult one if he's going bind I would remove anything he could injury himself on in the tank have plants against the back and sides of the tank to stop him swimming into the glass as much

On 6/1/2022 at 8:47 AM, Colu said:

It's a difficult one if he's going bind I would remove anything he could injury himself on in the tank have plants against the back and sides of the tank to stop him swimming into the glass as much

That’s a good idea too

hes constantly fighting his reflection in the glass. I guess he wont see himself forever