JoeQ 36g Journal, notes & random pictures

JoeQ

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got tiered of meticulously trimming and replanting so went for the clear cut option for preparation of new fish and co2 (guess who bought himself a early birthday present 😁) I'm not sure if the pogo is going to stay on the left, I just want to see if it'll grow there.

20221005_121153.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just a little update to the journal, things are growing great, but I still have that pesky hair algea from the summer. As a final attempt of trying to melt it (instead of manually removing it) I turned my bubbler on 24/7 to see if that increases co2 in turn, helping with plant growth. Along with a return to my known successful fertilizer regime.. I guess if all else fails ill just give the tank a crew cut and call it a day!!! 

20221107_150528.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2022 at 7:32 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

That plant in the back left (mounted in the glass holder) looks really nice.  I can't wait to see this tank go full jungle.

Thats Hygrophila Compact, I literally can't kill that thing.....  so I just replant cause I feel bad about throwing it out. 🤣

I probably wont let it grow wild like last year, i have more plants on order to attempt a dutch style scape.  Or at the very least, be able to keep plants that I couldn't keep last year 

• Love 1

Bunch of new plants come today, they were just dropped in till I can decide what to do with them..... ill most likely just pot them again since that was really the easiest option and keep the jungle, non scape, scape going!

20221201_192824.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 9:17 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Plant weight and let them drop roots?

The back left in front of the airline is a good spot (if you want to put it in this tank, but it's not bright light right there. 😞

They come weighed down and grown submerged in a dirted tank so they are usually pretty root-ie 🤣. I like using the terracotta pots cause I can easily move them around. As for the left side, nothing interesting will grow there. Hence why its my Anubis/Java Furn corner.

On 12/2/2022 at 2:52 AM, JoeQ said:

They come weighed down and grown submerged in a dirted tank so they are usually pretty root-ie 🤣. I like using the terracotta pots cause I can easily move them around. As for the left side, nothing interesting will grow there. Hence why its my Anubis/Java Furn corner.

Ah! I understand.  Yes, I find myself missing the anubias / terra cotta that ACO used to carry right now.

On 12/3/2022 at 5:29 PM, DaveO said:

@JoeQAre you floating that scarlet temple? I still can't grow that stuff to save my life. I'm currently floating a single stem to try to get roots to sprout.

No whats floating is Ludwigia Glandulosa which I ordered mainly for my outdoor pond come next spring (if i can keep it alive). Youll notice in a terracotta pot a tall red stem, thats Regular Alternanthera Reineckii, not pictured in that glass floating  pot is a stem (im trying to salvage) of Scarlett Temple, which i believe is more accurately named Variegated Alternanthera Reineckii. Like you ive floated it for awhile until it got roots. Then I planted it and its off to a promising recovery.  I'll try to get pictures for you in a bit , and hopefully once fully grown do a side by side comparison. Regular Alternanthera Reineckii is pretty easy to grow. This is my second time trying to grow Variegated Alternanthera Reineckii (Scarlett Temple)  and so far im down to my last stem!!!🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1