Please help me decide what to do next

Coraline22002

Okay guys. I'm back about this betta fish. When I got him he was flashing and had marks on his back. I treated with API general cure. He got better and his wounds healed. The other day he showed up with scales missing on his back (see picture). He's always messing around by the drift wood which I think is what happened but I might be wrong.
I thought maybe it was columnaris so I just finished 5 days on Maracyn. He is stilL eating but occasional erratic behavior. I also can't tell if he has fin rot starting. I have a bunch of meds but don't know what to do. I have Maracyn 2, Maracyn OXY,  Ich X, Polyguard, Kanaplex. I also have Nerite snails and plants so I can't dose the Polyguard in my tank. I started a hospital tank and it's ready for him once I decide what direction to go. I'm so confused. Please help!

to make matters more confusing, he won't eat pellets or flakes  he only eats Fluval Bug Bites so I can't really soak them in meds, which was suggested at my LFS.  

my display tank water parameters are:

ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 5, ph 8.0, kH 160, gh 150

8F1F7C4A-CAA9-4808-8F83-83B1C83C88A6.jpeg

Edited by Coraline22002
Add fin rot

Maracyn won't treat columnaris, as it is gram negative bacteria. Maracyn 2 can, though I have had more success with a combination of Kanaplex (in the food, if you can) and Nitrofurazone. (Furan 2 or Jungle Fungus Fizz tabs)

It could be Columnaris does it have a fuzzy appearance I can't tell off your picture if so I recommend treating with a combination of kanaplex and jungal fungas clear fizz tabs containing nitrofurazone together following this treatment schedule is very effective treatment for Columnaris nitrofurazone isn't snail safe I would remove then if you need to treat

Screenshot_20220418-231720~2.png

It is not fuzzy at all. It just looks like the scales are peeling off. The open part looks flat and white. 
I don't understand these bettas. I have looked for the jungle clear for tabs. I haven't seen them anywhere locally. I was hoping to treat with something I already have but if that is what works best, I'll get some ordered. Thank you!

What is it's just an injury from scraping his back?

If it just an injury I would increase water changes to lower the bacterial count in the water and do a course of kanaplex to provent any secondary bacterial I would get holed of the medication I recommend  just in case you need to treat for Columnaris

• Thanks 1

I have had luck with aquarium salt (looks like you are in a planted tank so you might consider moving to a QT). AC has a good blog on dosing. I have also used kanaplex in the water if i think it is fin rot.