Moving A Planted Tank

RegionRx

I have a question for y’all: how do I move a tank from one location to another? I will be most likely moving at the end of the year, and I have a pretty heavily planted 10 gal tank with shrimp and a betta fish with sponge filter.I don’t want to disrupt the cycle (worked hard on that) for the animals and I want to make sure the plants survive. The move should only last a day. 

for 1 day, keep the plants in a bucket of water, and keep the substrate damp in another bucket. move and get it back up as soon as possible. you will likely lose some of the bacteria, but the bulk of it should survive, and your "cycle" wont be disrupted.

• Thanks 1

On 4/30/2022 at 10:21 PM, GardenStateGoldfish said:

Since it’s a 10 gallon, is just lower the water level to the lowest level you can to still cover the plants, it should be fine and I wouldn’t uproot everything 

This is what we did when we moved last fall with a 10g. We slid it onto a sturdy board and my husband carried it to the car that way and we drove with it still on his lap on the board. Then slid it off the board onto the stand at the new house.

On 4/30/2022 at 10:21 PM, GardenStateGoldfish said:

Since it’s a 10 gallon, is just lower the water level to the lowest level you can to still cover the plants, it should be fine and I wouldn’t uproot everything 

this is a viable option also.