Whole house water filter

Fishhead

I installed a whole house water filter incoming ph 7.0 out of the filter is 8.4. Filter contains sediment and carbon filters.  Is this higher ph accurate and do I need to be concerned in using the output in my fish room, I would rather have the ph of 7.

On 4/30/2022 at 8:57 AM, Fishhead said:

I installed a whole house water filter incoming ph 7.0 out of the filter is 8.4. Filter contains sediment and carbon filters.  Is this higher ph accurate and do I need to be concerned in using the output in my fish room, I would rather have the ph of 7.

What are you using to test PH? If it's a strip don't trust it.  I have read some carbon filter will raise PH. I would not use that high of a PH for my fish, it's a bit high.

Read up on it, I think once the filter is used and flushed it is better.  

On 5/1/2022 at 9:17 PM, Tihshho said:

leave it in a container overnight

I’ll second and add to this.  City water is often high carbon dioxide. Add an airstone to the container of water that has not gone through the filter and wait overnight.  Once the carbon dioxide gasses off you may find your ph actually is 8.4. The filter may be helping gas’s off out of the pipes. 

On 5/2/2022 at 5:46 AM, Guppysnail said:

I’ll second and add to this.  City water is often high carbon dioxide. Add an airstone to the container of water that has not gone through the filter and wait overnight.  Once the carbon dioxide gasses off you may find your ph actually is 8.4. The filter may be helping gas’s off out of the pipes. 

It's not only city, wells like mine have high CO2 content as well. 

• Like 1