Where to buy Deans felt floating spawning mop.

Guppysnail

I’m looking for this spawning mop with the flat felt that floats.  Is this something he made or can I purchase them? I have not found them.  If it is made can someone tell me what the floating ring is and what type of felt please? Thanks. 

5D1EFD3D-4AD4-409B-9FBA-6E25AF57E75A.jpeg

Edited by Guppysnail

There was members only video released within the last week with Dean showing how to make them. Also, from what I have heard, they can be found on eBay

On 4/28/2022 at 6:50 AM, a tired fish keeper said:

I think the floating part is a pool noodle. 

All they are made of is a ring from pool noodle and a scotch brite pad

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I made some of these a few months back actually when I saw some pictured on an overseas forum and oddly enough Dean came to the same conclusion. At this point the Japanese Medaka's are not using it, but that's because I don't have any females. My Daisy's Ricefish don't seem to be interested in using the ones I added to the tank unless somone in the tank is stealing the eggs from them.

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2022 at 9:54 AM, Tihshho said:

I made some of these a few months back actually when I saw some pictured on an overseas forum and oddly enough Dean came to the same conclusion. At this point the Japanese Medaka's are not using it, but that's because I don't have any females. My Daisy's Ricefish don't seem to be interested in using the ones I added to the tank unless somone in the tank is stealing the eggs from them.

It is actually to see if it will work for my panda corydora.  They lay a lot on my floating anacharis that hangs downward and my intake sponges. They like flat surfaces on anubias leaves. I hope they will just lay on this and I can grab it and let it float to hatch in a hatching/grow out tank.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/26/2022 at 6:32 AM, Liddojunior said:

I know this is old but what scotch brite pads did you buy?? I ordered some but they say not safe for aquarium. What kind does Dean use? 

As long as they have no chemicals they are fine. Not safe for aquarium is because they will scratch acrylic I believe. I bought scotch bright brand.