I have a guppy that has fungus on it. In the same tank I have 60 newborn fry meds?

renatelynne

I listened to Cory's video on treating for quarantine and treating for an active infection.   He said to use maracyn and Ich-x and follow directions.   PROBLEM:  Ich-x says to replace water every 24 hrs and maracyn says don't change water for 5 days.    WHAT AM I TO DO??? 

We checked and the water is good,  we have 1 adult a bunch of juvies and 60 fry that are 3 days old.   I want the fish well but I don't know what to do at this point.   HELP

• Administrators

If it's a mild fungus, you can just let the maracyn and ich x soak, just dosing once for a week.

Otherwise you can treat with maracyn and ich x each day and water change and redose. If you look at the direction on Erythromycin, which is the same active ingredient and dosage, it says to change water daily. 

E.MErythro10PackNew_240x.jpg?v=159816579
WWW.AQUARIUMCOOP.COM

Treats Bacterial Infections Plant Safe Invertebrate Safe We now prefer using Maracyn as it's the same active ingredient(erythromycin). The price of API Erythromycin keeps going up multiple times a year. Maracyn has remained...