NWFK Summer Tubs 2022

Hi everyone! After a bit of a hiatus I'm back! Here in Washington, Summer Tubbing season is finally upon us! And I'm extremely excited for this year! I've only been tubbing for 2 years. 2020 was mainly Medaka, and 2021 was Medaka, Least Killifish, and Albino Cories. This year I'm looking to be even more diverse. Unfortunately I don't have any setup right now, but most of the materials are on the way so I should be able to set them up at the beginning of next month! 

So far I'm working with 1x 35 g / 2x 20 g / 1x 12 g . I plan to possibly get a 110 later in the season, and then another 2x 20s as well. My current plan is again mainly Medaka since I have some good sources for the more "high end" varieties this year (I tried to import from Japan last year but the seller wasn't very good so rip my money and fish) but these sellers are super reliable and well reviewed so I think im in good hands. Other options I'm looking at are Blue Fin Killis since an LFS got a bunch in, and Variatus Platies since Cory, Bob, Robert, and I think Joel and Jimmy mentioned they do really well outside so I'm trying some other varieties of those. Also a colony of Pygmy Sunfish in the 12. Shrimp are also another option I want, mainly Cherry Shrimp. 

I have a bunch of plants, baskets, etc on the way so this should be a fun season! 

20220415_170538.jpg

• Like 1

Hello Fellow Summer Tubber, 

I also cant wait, I left one 110 gallon tub up year round as an experiment (zone 6) but I am about to set up my many other tubs, I can't wait to get my fancy goldfish outside, Your Beckett 35 gallon tub is one of my favorite especially for beginners reading this. They are sold at home depot for 29 dollars brand new, fantastic item I have loads of them. I hope to get more into Lillies and Lotus this year, I only added them to one of my tubs last year and it was beautiful, I also got some Iris, Pickerel and another plant I forgot the name of to try this year outside as well in addition to my lillies and lotus. I am also going to try some bog type plants that I expect will be stunning to view. 

Good Luck! feel free to PM me if you want anyone to send photos to throughout the season to nerd out over, I can return a bunch if you want! 

• Like 1

Bluefin Killifish are a great tub fish! But definitely don't put them in the same tub as anything you're trying to breed, they are voracious fry and egg eaters. That being said, you will likely have success breeding the bluefins, I put 6 adults in a 25 gallon tub last June, and removed around 90 fish in September.

• Like 1