Found a baby snail

I bought plants from aquarium co-op and didn’t bother quarantining them. I don’t mind having snails. I have a betta and a mystery snail currently.

what kind of snail would it most likely be and will my betta  try to eat it while it’s still tiny? I just want to know what kind it is in case it’s an asexual reproducer. 🫣 I like snails but not 30+

25A66574-0461-42F9-861F-4849352583F0.jpeg

The shell point goes left. And I do see the tiny whisp antenna.  Bladder snail.  🥰 Yes a sexual reproduction but partnered is preferable.  Takes 7-10 weeks for them to reproduce a sexual.  I think but do not remember exactly partnered can be as early as 18 days reproducing.  

Oh! Thank you all!! It’s definitely a bladder snail. I found a website that said betta are likely to eat them to keep their population under control. I’ll keep an eye on it and go from there. They seem to be beneficial as long as they don’t overtake the tank.

On 4/23/2022 at 1:35 PM, Bethany92 said:

Oh! Thank you all!! It’s definitely a bladder snail. I found a website that said betta are likely to eat them to keep their population under control. I’ll keep an eye on it and go from there. They seem to be beneficial as long as they don’t overtake the tank.

my betta coexists with his bladder snails. I started with one last August and now feed some to my chickens in addition to the dozens I have now in various tanks. Ditto for the duckweed and scud that came in as a single leaf/specimen in the same plant order.