Med suggestions?

BAT

I started general cure (concern for hill flukes) and ich x and kanaplex (fin rot)  

salt concentration about 1.5 tbsp to 1 gallon  water temp 78-80  stress guard added  

betta seems lethargic but eating this morning and swimming around. A little flashing/zooming. 

looking rough (see pic). Erosion on body near dorsal fin. Hold on long fin and tagged under fins. First time I have gotten a good look bc he has been hiding in cave. 

thoughts? 

5E2BDAC9-2E69-4186-8EF6-4EA22DBAC89E.jpeg

3EBD044F-64B1-48AF-832B-C97BA512E8D2.jpeg

Looking at the pictures what I would do is a course of kanaplex in food stop treating with ick x and repeat the general cure in two weeks from your Frist course of treatment you could still add a small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 5 gallons that will help with Gill function and add essential electrolytes

Screenshot_20210806-030958~2.png

thanks @Colu!

what do you think is going on?

here is some background from previous post:

On 4/16/2022 at 9:56 PM, BAT said:

Nerms-

I moved by betta to a QT tank Tuesday because I was having problems with high nitrites and an ammonia bump (0.5). I noticed some blackening of his dorsal fin so decided to move him early. He had a bad case of fin rot back in December so I decided to jump on it this time. 

Since I moved him he has been hiding at the bottom of the tank in the past 3 days and not eating. His last meal was a big bloodworm meal which may have been a source of the problem.  

He hasn’t been eating and when he does come out he zooms around and then goes back. 

Now he looks like he is breathing heavily. The gills look like they are moving at a rate of 75-85 per minute (estimate). I don’t see any spots but it’s hard to see him bc he is hiding in a cave. 

I started kanaplex this afternoon. salt is at about 1 tbsp to 2 gallon. Temp 80.5. Amm 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 0

there is an AC sponge filter in the water. 

Thoughts?

Rapid breathing can be signs of low levels of desolved oxygen ammonia burn to the gills or parasites such as gill flukes the fins could be affected by fin rot and will need another course of kanaplex to clear that up usually when I fish isn't eating is because their putting or there effort into fighting the disease I would Also add another air stone small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 5 gallons will add Gill function and add essential electrolytes 

When using general cure do water changes following instructions on the box if you do a course of kanaplex in food I would a 25%  water change every other day  the increased water changes low the bacterial count in the water helping your fish to recover from fin rot