Fry box ? Ha

Juancho

On 4/16/2022 at 6:54 AM, Atitagain said:

I like the set up and like @modified lung said the rods are excellent for this. IMO I would not move them, wait and use breeder box next batch. 

You know, I tried that. And for some reason I had a lot of casualties as a result. It might of been that I removed them to early?maybe. I’ll try It gain but wait as long as I did this time around to release them. Still learning. I’ll find a method I’m sure and everyone has been so helpful on this forum.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2022 at 11:40 PM, Juancho said:

Was worried about the fry getting loose in the gravel. I’m still really new to this breeding thing, so I used some of Deans breeding advice and some supplies I had laying around and came up with this. Looks like it’s working out well. Until I can move them to a Ziss breeder box

71442999-C7D9-4321-B982-7936BE746F3A.jpeg

52E3A2FE-9F29-48D4-9525-0990C633AB9D.jpeg

Looks like the smaller black tubing might be supplying air to the breeder box?  What is the purpose of the larger tubing?

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 11:53 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Looks like the smaller black tubing might be supplying air to the breeder box?  What is the purpose of the larger tubing?

The larger tubing which is 1/4 ID is bring water from the aquarium using a small pump. To continually have fresh water in the shoe box. The shoe box has a small cut out and stuffed with Mat filter that lets water run back into the tank 

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2022 at 3:30 PM, Juancho said:

The larger tubing which is 1/4 ID is bring water from the aquarium using a small pump. To continually have fresh water in the shoe box. The shoe box has a small cut out and stuffed with Mat filter that lets water run back into the tank 

Thanks! I saw a video of Dean building a similar one using a small, clear refrigerator drawer. Now I understand how it works.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 2:36 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Thanks! I saw a video of Dean building a similar one using a small, clear refrigerator drawer. Now I understand how it works.

That’s where I got the idea. I couldn’t  do a auto water change yet, so I had to figure how to keep a consistent flow. So that’s my hack. The large black Mat filter slows down the current plus carry’s beneficial bacteria.  

• Love 1

On 5/19/2022 at 10:16 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

What kind of fry are you raising?  I was trying to look at the statue decor you got going on too, but I couldn't see it all.  

Super reds plecos in that one yeah it’s just a back round pic. You can probably find it online somewhere, it’s a common tank background 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...