Wire risers for Finnex Stingray 2?

Hey, y'all.

I have a 48" Stingray 2 on my 55 Long (heavily planted, polycarbonate lid). It's just a little bit too bright and I'm getting a little algae.

I ordered a set of those risers for lights on Amazon, but I didn't do much research and they wires are too narrow, so the light doesn't connect securely. And the plastic clamp parts for the tank are for rimless, so won't fit my rim-ed tank.

Do any of you have a suggestion for compatible risers? I've seen the 3d printed ones, those are fine. But I prefer the wire kind if they're available.

There is an insane DIY Guy in me screaming nonsense about cutting and bending wire coat-hanger . . . but the wanna-be-mature aquarist sitting next to him has his one hand over that guy's mouth, while holding coffee in the other and apologetically shaking his head . . .

• Haha 3

On 4/14/2022 at 8:14 AM, Fish Folk said:

There is an insane DIY Guy in me screaming nonsense about cutting and bending wire coat-hanger . . . but the wanna-be-mature aquarist sitting next to him has his one hand over that guy's mouth, while holding coffee in the other and apologetically shaking his head . . .

I can hear him from here.  He said something about PVC pipe, and somebody's coffee getting cold.

• Haha 1