Planaria

Bailey

I just bought 6 cherry shrimp from my LSF. The place is lovely, their fish always look fabulous and their tanks are always crystal clear. But when I brought the shrimp home I noticed planaria in the bag. Two that I could see. I netted the shrimp out and didn’t get any of them with the shrimp, but now I’m worried. I’ve never quarantined my shrimp before putting them in to a tank before, so I didn’t. But is this something I should be concerned about? Is it possible I’ve introduced them to my tank even though I didn’t see any in the water after fishing the shrimp out? 

I've gotten a planarian by accident.  I plucked it from my tank and I guess I was lucky because I haven't seen any since, and I def over feed this tank.  So I'd say keep a sharp eye out.  Pull any you see and you might get lucky like me.  If you're unlucky there's a product called no planaria that people swear by. 

• Like 1

Thank you! I’m worried because I literally JUST started stocking this tank, it had nothing but a mystery snail and one left over shrimp from my last set up. I’ve waited like 6 weeks to put any livestock in and then I found THAT, and these shrimp were expensive! I’ll get a trap and see what happens. I appreciate the help again!