WNPS Native Plant Sale!

Hello all!

The Washington Native Plant Society is opening online orders today for the South Sound chapter and not next but the following week for the rest. Support your local ecosystems and local botanists! 

Dates:

• South Sound Native Plant Sale - Spring 2022
    Online Preview:  March 28 - March 30, 12noon
    Pre-order: March 30, 12noon - April 8
    Pick-up: April 22 - 23

• Salal Chapter Native Plant Sale - Spring 2022
    Pre-order: Opens April 19
    Pick-up: May 5 & 7

• Koma Kulshan Native Plant Sale - Spring 2022
    Online Preview:  April 14-17
    Online store opens: April 18 thru April 27
    Pick up day and in-person sale:  May 7 at Nooksack Salmon Enhancement Association, 3057 E. Bakerview Rd.

Link: WNPS plant sales

I am in no way affiliated with the Society or their public outreach just excited to purchase some local plants! I am getting some saplings and bog cranberry for our garden let me know what you plan on getting. Hoping our orange honeysuckle flowers this year and as always happy gardening

Edited by Biotope Biologist
I was never taught to read a calendar
  • Love 2

On 4/8/2022 at 10:00 AM, Biotope Biologist said:

Hello all!

The Washington Native Plant Society is opening online orders today for the South Sound chapter and not next but the following week for the rest. Support your local ecosystems and local botanists! 

Dates:

• South Sound Native Plant Sale - Spring 2022
    Online Preview:  March 28 - March 30, 12noon
    Pre-order: March 30, 12noon - April 8
    Pick-up: April 22 - 23

• Salal Chapter Native Plant Sale - Spring 2022
    Pre-order: Opens April 19
    Pick-up: May 5 & 7

• Koma Kulshan Native Plant Sale - Spring 2022
    Online Preview:  April 14-17
    Online store opens: April 18 thru April 27
    Pick up day and in-person sale:  May 7 at Nooksack Salmon Enhancement Association, 3057 E. Bakerview Rd.

Link: WNPS plant sales

I am in no way affiliated with the Society or their public outreach just excited to purchase some local plants! I am getting some saplings and bog cranberry for our garden let me know what you plan on getting. Hoping our orange honeysuckle flowers this year and as always happy gardening

@Biotope Biologist may I share with friends & family still up in the area?

Does WNPS pay any of the Tribes/retain any Indigenous plant workers for a reciprocal relationship with the Nations that call Washington home?

I don't live there anymore, I'm still paying #RealRentDuwamish for my time on their lands.

(If you don't know, that's okay. I can reach out and find out, I just figured if you were sharing in here you might already know)

On 4/8/2022 at 11:03 AM, Torrey said:

Does WNPS pay any of the Tribes/retain any Indigenous plant workers for a reciprocal relationship with the Nations that call Washington home

I’m not sure I know it has close ties with the UW botany program and many volunteers are college students. It wouldn’t surprise if native peoples were in affiliation with them. I’m finding all this out second hand I’m not the resident botanist in my family 😋

On 4/8/2022 at 11:03 AM, Torrey said:

@Biotope Biologist may I share with friends & family still up in the area?

Of course share the link let it be known! The more native plants we decide to plant the better fortified our ecosystems are against foreign invaders and the more we get to enjoy!