Wonderful tank to keep shrimp in for $40!

This Petsmart tank includes everything filter with media and pre filter sponges, lid, light, gravel, background and a way to apply it and a net. I highly recommend getting this at your local petsmart for $40 on sale right now but in stores only! It’s a great deal I would get it if I had the space. The price is different online then in stores. The perfect shrimp tank on a budget! Here is a link to the online listing: https://www.petsmart.com/fish/tanks-aquariums-and-nets/aquariums/top-fin-shrimp-and-plant-oasis-tank---3-gallon-69438.html?cgid=300129

822B5314-25C5-4D4A-AC9F-C46517F91FF4.jpeg

• Like 1

Good find! It looks pretty similar to the Marineland portrait that made the rounds awhile back. This one looks like it wouldn't need nearly as much adjustment to the flow compared to the portrait (it was advertised for nano fish but the powerhead got crazy circulation and you had to baffle it to keep your poor nano beasts from getting swept around the tank even on the lowest setting). Ngl my MTS struck me again so I might consider picking it up if my local one has it in stock.

• Like 1

It probably helps that shrimp are finally starting to catch on in the US. When I was growing up the only shrimp that you could find in stores (even those specializing in aquatics) were macrobrachium and ghost shrimps. Amanos and cherry shrimp were unheard of. Now even the big box stores have Amanos and various Neos. They may not carry a variety of Caridinas or the more niche Neos but there's actually enough of a market for them to sell, which is great.

• Like 1

My local store had it set up and running so I got to see it in action.  I thought the see-through filter was a bit on the ugly side.  I really do not want to be able to see my filter media, other than that it looked like a nice tank.  I almost bought it but decided to go with a different tank.  

On 4/5/2022 at 10:24 AM, Kathy F said:

My local store had it set up and running so I got to see it in action.  I thought the see-through filter was a bit on the ugly side.  I really do not want to be able to see my filter media, other than that it looked like a nice tank.  I almost bought it but decided to go with a different tank.  

Maybe someone could use static film to break the visual? I use that to make backgrounds on my tanks and it works out great but I haven't gotten to see what the space situation is like in the back.