Greetings from Santa Cruz, CA

Dougg

Hello. Brand new to the hobby and I have AC's many entertaining and informative YT's vids to thank for that (along with a couple hundred bucks of plants and supplies 😀). After several years of hard core social distancing due to being around multiple medically vulnerable people I decided I needed more life in my life. After watching *way* too many aquarium related videos I am starting a 20gl planted low-tech community tank and already loving it. I've improved the hob filter per AC's guidance. I'm currently nine days into a plant only cycle and I'm looking forward to eventually adding 4-6x red wag platys, a Bolivian ram, 6x panda corys, 2-3x blue velvet shrimp, a snail of some kind, and maybe a reticulated hill stream loach if the tank has room. I have really enjoyed the process of researching, assembling, and tinkering with everything. I even sit in front of the tank with morning coffee and just stare at it - I find it very serene. Can't wait to start adding fish in a week or two, and maybe some more plants.

WhiteFuzzTankShot.jpg

• Like 5

TY. Glad to be here. I really want to end up with a heavily planted tank. That one Val plant (from LFS) lost a few stems after planting but has three new shoots so I'm hoping it comes back strong and propagates well. I just love the look of that plant along the back of a tank. And the pogo stem octo (got four starts in one pot from AC, yay!) is growing like a weed - more than doubled in size in just over a week. All of the AC plants I got arrived in tip top shape and appear to be thriving.