20 gallon high tank

yassy

I am curious to see what fish your 20 gallon high tank has.

Currently, I have shrimp and Nerite snail only but thinking about turning it into smaller community tank.

I would either turn it into cory-shrimp-snail tank or 20 green neon tetra plus 6 cory (laser or panda) plus shrimp (over crowded?) or pair of electric German blue and 15 green neon tetra and maybe 3-4 cory or turn it species only tank; cory only or pea puffer only tank... I have several ideas but I like to see what other person that has 20 gallon high has in their tank.

Thank you.

I’ve done all those setups but I’d worry about green neons with GBRS as they require temps greater than 80 degrees to be happy. Bolivian rams are a more temperate choice liking 70s.

Corys are great with shrimp. They’ll eat shrimplets if they’re in their way but I’ve never seen them seek them out when well fed. A giant group of dwarf or Pygmy corys plus a tetra that’s a tight schooler would be awesome as they’ll school together. 

• Like 1

@Beardedbillygoat1975 Thank you. 

I have not check water parameter requirement of each fish I was interested in still so it is good you gave me heads up.Thank you.

Community tank is good if we put bottom feeder and schooling fish and top swimming or center piece fish,correct? If I understand it correctly.

Cory and tetra needs good number of group each . If I wanted to do 12 panda or laser cory (or 6 each group totaling 12) and green neon tetra, tetra number is 10? And if 6 cory with green neon tetra and showcase the green neon, then, 20 green neon and 6 cory of one variety?