Why do my assassin snails keep dieing?

lmhicks101

So I had assassins before and they all died out. I figured it was from the planaria treatment from a month ago and got it out of the tank.

I just added 5 more and already 3 are tucked in their shell right where I dropped them 3 hours ago. The other 2 one is at the top of the tank and the other is missing. Yes I have Kuhlis but these snails aren’t being eaten. Yes I did drip acclimate them for 45 minutes. I did it for a group of ammo shrimp in a separate bowl with a separate air line hose to each. They’re doing fine. Shrimp are from my LFS and snails are from Petco. They were crawling around at the store and all but one in the bowl. 

ammonia - less then .25

ph - 6-6.4

Nitrites - 0

Nitrates - 40-50

Kh - 3

GH - 8

temp - 77°

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Planaria treatment can wreak havoc on snails. I've had it adversely affect Nerites for 6 or more months after all the water changes and treatment was finished.  My bladder snails cruised right through, no problem however. It's possible it does the same for assassin snails, maybe someone else has had issues with them. I can't say for sure since I haven't kept them before.