plant nutrient test "kit?"

Hi all! For planted tanks and testing for macro/micronutrients, I've found single API test solutions for things such as phosphates, copper, etc. Does anyone know of a kit (such as the API master test kit) related to plant nutrients? I've already got 5-in-1 Test Strips from the store, and found individuals for nutrients, but it'd be really nice if there was a robust group of uncommon nutrient tests.

Thanks in advance!

@AndreaWPotassium. The ones I found are absurdly expensive.  The rest I’m just learning so I guess a test for calcium and magnesium. I think they make a calcium one but my water is ridiculously hard so I just  hope there is enough of those that makes it so hard. 

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 7:05 AM, AndreaW said:

I was wondering the same thing and so far I haven't found one. I wonder if anyone has asked Cory to develop one for ACO? A test strip would be amazing!

@Guppysnail ~ What nutrients do you think would be most important if you could have a plant nutrient test strip?

I would like to see Potassium, Copper, Iron, separated Calcium/Magnesium - Basically anything that's on the leaf deficiency diagram, or could be out of balance to create unhealthy plants/algae blooms. Something more specific to troubleshooting plants than overall tank health that already exists in the current ACO strips.

• Like 1

Unless you really are wanting to, I would not go out and waste money on all these kits. It's easier to calculate what is going into the tank and just us5 water changes to control the totals.

Learn what ppm you are dosing and keep track of those numbers.

Edited by Mmiller2001
  • Like 1

☝️ And if all else fails spend time looking at your tank, evaluating the leaves, (with a deficiency chart close by) & the inhabitants behavior. Over time you will learn, doing this will tell you more info cheaper and quicker than any test available. 

Edited by JoeQ
  • Like 1