How much yellow mystery snails..?

Depends on your other stocking and how much maintenance you want. I kept 5 as adults only other inhabitants were shrimp. It was a lot of visible waste.  When I added fish I reduced to three it was still noticeable waste.  My understanding of current stock suggestions is 2.5 gallons per snail to live through adulthood. My preference unless it is a snail/shrimp only tank. Is 1/5gallons. Two seems to be the number I prefer in a 10 gallon. I hope that helps. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is a tough question.  With mine I keep them and watch. As long as they swim about seeming happily without difficulty eat without difficulty and do all the normal guppy things without hiding etc. if/once I begin to see them struggle I sadly euthanize. These are my two darling girls with what I believe is scoliosis.  They are very active and loving. Greet me and are the first to my fingers for food. The one at the bottom just went there to steal pleco baby wafers. I love these girls.  I euthanized their sister early on when she showed she could not stay upright and it appeared she had to struggle to get to food. 

D44ABC15-00FE-4AEF-8DFC-0F9101FBB39B.jpeg

D3D47A2C-050B-4525-A423-9614516F9131.jpeg

Ps I take great caution that they are never bred. They are in a fry sorority tank. 

• Love 1

Ok great but what do you do if you have no where to separate them when they grow up. I do not want to breed them since they will have bent back as well. I have two fish tanks but one of them (the 20 gallon long) have bigger and more aggressive fish. WHAT DO I DO?!

The other fish which is the ten gallon have peaceful fish 🙂 which have an adult platy, and six juvenile guppies which have bred.

What I did was buy a bigger fry sorority grow out so they could live there. Some folks use them as food for larger more aggressive fish. I do not have any larger aggressive fish. You could get a tank separator big box stores have them and give them their own area. Aside from that euthanize.  Those would be my only ideas. Hopefully someone may have others. 

• Thanks 1

Ok, I feel comfortable answering. I don’t keep any. I feed the to other. I sell mine so I can’t take any chances. If you don’t have a tank you can get them pretty cheap. Craigslist and Facebook marketplace offer have 10gal for about $10 and 20gal for $35-40. Most come with the things you will need to set them up. If you have plastic bins us can use those I use more than a few. The first on has Bettas breeding in there now. The second is my best 2 female guppies and 1 malehe is about to be replaced. Last is where the fry(once they reach a big enough size) it’s 22 gallons I try to keep 3/1 males to females because buyers want the cool blue/ purple patterned guppies. 
So up don’t need a tank if you don’t have one. I use the to breed angelfish, Sterbai cories and bettas. Total understand no wanting to euthanize them. I hope some of this can help with something now or in the future 02F717CD-4E39-4803-A6C5-516385DF75F9.jpeg.5cd53466d0c6777551299f5a029f3b68.jpeg46A33E75-EFFB-4251-B768-67A4947CABC4.jpeg.a5fd6969a5084c1d453f0a4d47b199c2.jpeg

5905D65E-24DD-44B0-9633-EA3E83AECB5B.jpeg

• Like 1