Penguin tetras

Knew tooth is

Hi Forum-ers: Could you please provide some advice on breeding penguin tetras? I've viewed YouTube material and come away with mixed recommendations (and I haven't located this information in the Forum). One suggestion is to lower the pH and the temperature (slowly), with no mention of water change or diet. There should be java moss or another plant for the eggs to rest. A different suggestion is to increase the temperature (slowly), with a 50% water change. Plants are not needed but rather a grid of some kind. Diet should consist of brine shrimp/blood worms. Looking ahead, being positive about successful breeding, there appears to be consensus that once hatched, the lights should be dimmed due to light sensitivity of the fry and the adults removed from the tank. Thanks for you comments.

You can see my setup here when I spawned some Black Neon Tetras. I imagine this would work for you too. I separated males and females and conditioned them with BBS prior to spawning for a couple weeks. Then added them to a small spawning tank with low ph and tannin water, provided by adding peat pellets to the tank. I make low ph water by mixing RODI water and my tap water.