How big should my CO2 tank be?

Vexus

Untitled.png.25a657c3f57678b500844d81da4f076d.pngSo here is my dilemma... I'm looking to get a CO2 system for my tank now that I have started adding plants (it will be more than 2, the others are on the way lol) but I'm not sure what size to buy. I'm currently looking at a DIY system (I guess I'd call it a "hybrid DIY system"). I'm sure most of you have seen them, a tank with all the parts needed for a CO2 but you add the ingredients instead of getting them charged. Anyway, my options are a 2.5-liter tank or a 4-liter tank. I know obviously the 4 would be best due to how long it would last but, because of money I was wondering if the 2.5 would be adequate for my 36-bow front without having to constantly refill it after a couple weeks or so? If anyone has any experience with this situation or knowledge id appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Out of curiosity, was there a reason you were directed to a pressurized system instead? I've been watching a few videos and stuff about the DIY and it looks like if I use the baking soda and citric acid recipe it counts as "pressurized". I'm just asking in case there was some negative info I missed about this.

So due to popular opinion it looks like I should go with a more traditional pressurized system. If that's the better option then I'm happy to take the advice, it's just possibly going to take a little longer to get everything. So, time to list what I'll need...

1. Regulator/Solenoid

2. Diffuser

3. Check valve

4. CO2 tank (I assume 5lb would be best?)

I know the forum guidelines say not to "discuss other aquarium related companies both positively or negatively" but links to other sites like amazon and such ARE allowed so I assume that means I'm allowed to ask for reasonable brands/suggestions on what equipment I should buy (honestly, I think I know what they mean by discussing companies, but I don't want to assume and be wrong). So, if anyone has a suggestion for good quality at a not so high ($100+ per item) price, I'm open to hearing them. I've looked at a few regulators so far but it's hard to tell with reviews seeing as for every couple people that say it's great, there some that say those people are nuts and it's a horrible purchase.