Is my new betta ok?

WagglePets

sorry if this is in the wrong section. Anyways I just bought this white half moon betta from petsmart TERRIBLE conditions. Dead fish, green mulm stuff in betta cups etc. my new betta has a few faint blue patches and has like a rainbow shine to it I was wondering if he’s just super stressed or just too young to show off colors or is he just going to stay white with shimmering rainbow. Thank you 

image.jpg

image.jpg

He has more black/blue faint patches on his other side 

I'm not beta expert but that very well could just be his color.  It looks like you got a great tank going from him so i suspect you're set.  If he's acting lethargic make sure he's not cold.  beta fish usually like things a bit warmer than room temp

• Like 1

It's never guaranteed your betta will stay the colors he was when purchased. Many change color once settled in, and some have a "marbling gene" that causes them to change color and pattern their entire lives. I had a white plakat who turned red and blue/grey as he grew older.

64256997_2340824669312777_7009118333349920768_n.jpg.b7bd05f99f1598f35f7a9468751dd6d8.jpg

(he also developed a tumor on his head)
PXL_20210618_011724588.PORTRAIT.jpg.5356fd6657f173e654e0a2f29fa9f25f.jpg

Yours is a pretty little guy, good luck with him!

• Love 1