help I have no clue.

big bear

so in my shrimp tank I just seen swimming what I would call  worms. 2 or 3 about 1/8 to 1/4 inches. the were silver in color and maybe some dark vertical stripes. mostly the silver color by a lot. I have never seen this. I got this tank used with some substrate and plants. any ideal what I am dealing with. 

thanks 

Edited by big bear

Have you tried to Google freshwater aquarium worms to see if you can make an identification? Check out the "images" option and see if you can find anything close. Once you've potentially identified some, you can post here to see if anyone has tips for how to eradicate them or if they're harmless. 

At an 1/8" to 1/4", they might be rhabdocoela flatworms. Or, maybe just very young naididae detritus worms, if they're more rounded than flatish.

These two are mostly harmless,and perfectly natural, especially in planted tanks

Do you see a triangular shape at one end? If so, they're planaria, and you need a flame thrower and some grenades to get rid of them. (no.. it's late, I'm punchy, don't do that).

Planaria can be problematic, so you'd want to deal with that if you see the characteristic triangular head.

If you can get a clear photo that would be great.

• Like 1