Band’s back together! Album Release Art

Fish Folk

Your discus are top notch. I really like the dark blue/black variety. It seems like a lot of people keep discus in very "clean" set ups, bare bottom, etc. Are they much harder to keep in a less sterile planted tank environment? And what size tank are they in?

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2022 at 9:44 AM, Gumbo99 said:

Your discus are top notch. I really like the dark blue/black variety. It seems like a lot of people keep discus in very "clean" set ups, bare bottom, etc. Are they much harder to keep in a less sterile planted tank environment? And what size tank are they in?

I just use 2x large sponge filters. 1x water change per week of 30%. It’s a 55gal. I grow them from small (cheap) size. Easy as any fish if your water is clean… soft… and if you keep them hot (82°-86°-F)

Here’s my rambling Discus journal on the forum with videos, etc:

Edited by Fish Folk
  • Thanks 1

Your discus are just ridiculously over the top colorful and adorable looking. It's hard to picture the natural environment where being that thin and flat and vertical and somewhat derpy looking is the safest way to be...but I'm so glad they exist. Your tank looks fabulous and in the top photo they look like grumpy flowers in a bouquet.