Got a new fish

Aquatictimes

@Torrey Thank you so very much for your thoughts! When I first brought him home I had him go through a round of general cure and E.M. When he got dropsy I then treated the 40 gallon as well as his hospital tank with prazi pro. He has been through one complete treatment of Maracyn 2 in the hospital tank as well as Kanaplex. He is still eating his pellets soaked in Marcyn 2 for a second round. He has improved greatly. I am thinking of treating the 40 gallon one more time but not sure with what just to make sure I don't take him from his hospital tank and put him in a contaminated environment. I can do Prazi pro again to make sure I got all the gill flukes, which were my thought too. I think he brought him from the pet store and I didn't get them during Quarantine and then added him into the 40 gallon because I noticed gill fluke issues on some of my other fish which is why I treated both the 40 and the hospital tank with PraziPro. I'm excited he is doing so well too. I'm glad he is a fighter. It made caring for him so much easier. 

For treating the 40 g, I would probably ask Colu or Odd Duck.

Because I worked in health care before, and our local hospital had a massive amount of secondary MRSA sequelae, I use salt 90% of the time for my quarantines. I use medicated food for wild caught fish to address parasites. 

I don't want to accidentally steer you wrong. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Y’all has this baby done a glow up or what?!! Thought you would enjoy this dropsy survivor living life!! Ps yes I always take photos after a water change when the water is stirred up. It’s my one fault in fish keeping. 

02E9426A-417F-4993-9A88-6997E93F0B4E.jpeg

D8313C19-5876-4A57-BFF1-00010C2653AF.jpeg

D810670A-4B9F-4DD9-A20E-12F14667D754.jpeg

D2CF1040-354C-4C9D-82E7-EC273541D54F.jpeg

Edited by Aquatictimes
  • Love 4