Are these snail eggs?

BAT

Hi All,

i have had an invasion of bladder snails (that’s what the group thinks). I have 2 mystery snails and 1 nerite in the tank already. What is this I found on the wall of the aquarium? Are these snails? If so, what kind?

Thanks

Beth

E9BBE99B-60B6-4868-B4D9-3D5E25FCF9B5.jpeg

Those are definitely bladder snail eggs. To reduce the number of bladder snails. Feed a bit less. Put bottom dweller food on a food dish and vacuum the substrate. Bladder snails reproduce to the amount of available food. Using a dish for bottom dwellers you can easily see and remove any bladders that attempt to eat. These simple step wil cut your bladder population to a much smaller number. I intentionally keep them in all 7 of my tanks. If I can see more than 3 or 4 at a time (which is not often). I know I have overfed. 

Ps they die off as food grows scarce. 

• Like 3

On 1/28/2022 at 9:37 PM, BAT said:

@Guppysnail thank you! Can you just throw them down the drain in the water?

How do I make sure there is enough food for nerite/mystery snails but not enough for bladder snails?

The nerite I would be surprised if he was eating anything you put in the tank as most fish food including wafers are animal protein that they do not eat. My nerite does not he lives on biofilm and algae Mystery snails will find the food dish I promise. Do not put bladders in the drain or toilet they are invasive. Preferably take them to an lfs and give them to the LFS to be sold as puffer food or giving them to someone in a local aquarium club.  If you do not have that option quickly squishing them in a paper towel is best. Monitor the food dish and remove any bladder snails you see near it. 

6F73310D-4FC2-4233-AE6C-878486CDB013.jpeg

9094125B-472E-41FF-BD8C-B1286534FDBD.jpeg

41E2F157-5E8D-4984-9919-F46A857FB54E.jpeg

4730B7DD-A8FE-4982-8BFE-3618B497EE48.jpeg

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Love 2