Apistos and Kribs

TheBlueBeetle

Hey guys, looking for a little input. I have a 125 established, planted commuity tank with angels, several groups of large tetras, corys, BN pleco, bolivian ram, pearl gourami and 2 female kribs (didnt want breeding aggression, but have kept kribs since I was a kid) I really want to get a couple of apistos (again, not a breeding pair), but Im wondering how they'd do with the kribs. I have zero aggression issues at the moment, broken line of sight, lots of cover. Opinions or experiences?  Thanks!

On 1/19/2022 at 11:29 AM, Levi_Aquatics said:

I think that might be pushing it with the rams, kribs, apistos, and angels. I’m not saying it couldn’t work but I think you’d be asking for trouble with that many different species of cichlids. 

Kind of what I thought. I actually left off two keyhole cichlids as well.

• Like 1

You should never mix west african cichlid with south america cichlid. Frequently the fishes will use signals and display before out right aggression; the problem is those west africans can't speak the same language as those from south america. 

Having said that a lot depends on if you have breeding groups (m/f) or just display group (m).... if there is no aggression the signals are less signficiant though there can still be some confusion when mixing west africans with sa...