Small white parasite after feeding Frozen blood worms???

Malakaiea

So this has happened in my tank before and I just recently upgraded to a bigger tank. I have an electric blue crayfish and about a year ago I had this issues with white little worms all over the tank glass. Some people suggested it was just paragonimus and that it was normal for a crayfish but I had not had a problem before. After using some parasite cleaner and being very thorough with water changes they went away. this morning I fed my crayfish some blood worms and yesterday I cleaned her tank fresh so there was no other food in there until this morning and I noticed when I got home they are back and this is the first time this has happened in a year!!!! the last time this happened I was feeding her a lot more blood worms and now I only feed her them once in awhile. Could the blood worms be causing this? and if so what other sources of protein could I feed her to avoid parasites like this because I was planning on adding a snail into the tank to help with algae since she has had no issues with snails in the past. 

270647787_443657513968461_6737690493025228342_n.jpg

Edited by Malakaiea

I can’t see them really good but they resemble rhabdocoela. Harmless. I get them at times they are most common in planted tanks. I personally do not worry over them. But look up pictures of rhabdocoela and compare. If they are then you at least have a name for them to research and learn about them.    Most microfauna that appears in our tanks are harmless and serve a purpose. It could have come in with the bloodworms. These are not parasitic and pose no danger to other inhabitants. They eat only micro algae and bacteria. Hope this helps. 

• Like 1