Fish poop question (sorry!)

Karen B.

Greetings!

I was gone for 2 weeks and my fish were fed by an automatic feeder twice a day (their normal schedule)

When I came back, for 2-3 days I fed them (maybe too heavily?) once a day with frozen live BBS. One day I added garlic guard.

Yesterday I did not feed them as I usually do once a week.

But I noticed my 3 honey gourami pooping  a lot yesterday and today as well. And while the poop is brown, it gets a bit stringy. Is it because they were constipated? Ate too much? Are grazing constantly on my plants? Or should I treat them for parasites (it’s paracleanse right? I don’t have expel-p, just levimasole, maracyn and Ich-x)

My male honey gourami do flash here and there on occasion but I haven’t noticed any other fish do it.

My false julii cory have started glass surfing again.

9818D6AB-295C-425E-BA30-81F2405C1ADD.png

090454CD-C249-4177-B748-6A7025F25812.jpeg

A495E2E0-1547-40EA-8543-4EA5375CB697.png

On 1/7/2022 at 2:04 PM, Flumpweesel said:

I wouldn't go the medication route yet it is all of probably just the diet changes. 

I almost never see my fish poop I think they wait till lights out.

My male honey gourami, whenever he sees me, comes up to the window and start pooping. As I suffer from Crohn’s disease, I sometimes wonder if I should take it personally!!!

• Haha 3

On 1/7/2022 at 2:04 PM, Flumpweesel said:

I wouldn't go the medication route yet it is all of probably just the diet changes. 

I almost never see my fish poop I think they wait till lights out.

That's funny 🤣  meanwhile I swear there's never a moment when my platys are never not pooping. They take turns, there's always at least one at any given moment LOL

I wouldn't worry about it, this seems to be a thing that just happens... I think the clear bits might be the equivalent of little fishie toots? 🤔