Thoughts on my new aquascapes

Plant-master

On 1/3/2022 at 4:28 PM, Patrick_G said:

I love those Hiro lights with the wood base. I’ve been thinking about getting one of those for my little Wabi Kusa cube. 
Your scapes look great. I’d  want more plants for the cubes, but I always want more plants! 

Thanks, I have just orders some S reopens for that’s tank and it’s coming tomorrow. 

On 1/3/2022 at 4:21 PM, Levi_Aquatics said:

I love those aquascapes! The balanced log one is especially cool to me. Keep up the good work!

Thank you, I was having trouble keeping dust and debris of the plants from the fluval stratum. Glade you like them!! 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 5:02 PM, Plant-master said:

Hi I’m new to this form, and have been a good fan of aquarium co-op for a long time. I have also been in the hobby for about 2 years now. I just setup some new aquascapes and wanted some opinions on them. Is any thing I should fix or do? There brand new. 

02FD03EE-2B3D-4C82-8736-CFBABE0871A9.jpeg

7E9B234F-6A47-4A4D-B5C0-678F99D4F410.jpeg

5E0CB4C1-CF93-4436-8B84-2FE781683553.jpeg

Looks nice so far.

what Co2 system are you using.  I’m looking for one myself before I start planting my 55g

On 1/4/2022 at 1:32 AM, MyFish said:

Looks nice so far.

what Co2 system are you using.  I’m looking for one myself before I start planting my 55g

I am using a pressurized CO2 system with a 5 pound CO2 tank. Also I bought a double bubble counter regulator so I can split the CO2 into the two cube tanks. Your way  better off buying every thing separately then to get a kit. 

0A17A6DD-9583-4E08-9148-D8402BCA2E22.jpeg

On 1/4/2022 at 12:30 PM, Plant-master said:

I am using a pressurized CO2 system with a 5 pound CO2 tank. Also I bought a double bubble counter regulator so I can split the CO2 into the two cube tanks. Your way  better off buying every thing separately then to get a kit. 

0A17A6DD-9583-4E08-9148-D8402BCA2E22.jpeg

Very nice Co2 set up!  Love the red tank too… 😊

I wouldn’t know where to begin looking, nor refill my tank when it’s empty.  I was looking at the reaction systems with citric acid and soda….they were not too expensive and available mail order.  I know you need to get your tank hydro tested every few years for Saftey.

Edited by MyFish

On 1/4/2022 at 10:36 AM, MyFish said:

I wouldn’t know where to begin looking, nor refill my tank when it’s empty.  I was looking at the reaction systems with citric acid and soda….they were not too expensive and available mail order.  I know you need to get your tank hydro tested every few years for Saftey.

@MyFish, in my area most of the welding or home brew shops sell full tanks and exchange empty ones, I’m guessing it’s the same in most areas.  I haven’t pulled the trigger on a setup yet, but pretty much everyone on the forum who runs co2 recommends a pressurized system and dual stage regulator over the various diy solutions. 

On 1/4/2022 at 12:36 PM, MyFish said:

Normally you don’t refill a tank you trade, this tank is fairly new and I take it to a place called “Airgas” to trade it out. Pressurized co2 is the best but I have never tried citric acid, maybe I should give it a go. You can do it home made with like some plastic bottles or I would recommend the Aquario NEO CO2 - DIY CO2 Kit. Never used it but looks good. 

519D97DB-80C2-4779-AE88-188EA3B03563.png

Edited by Plant-master
  • Thanks 1