Heaters

Iris

I have a new 55 gallon  aqueoun kit came w/ appropriate size preset heater. The temp is currently 76 with 2 preset @ opposite ends. The smaller of the 2 was used in a 29 gal. Ive learned over the years that I sometimes need to raise the temp due to fish types/requirements or raising to medicate . So I’ve removed the smaller preset. I purchased an adjustable Aqueon pro 200 for this tank. ( I haven’t added it yet) Should I remove the preset or leave and run both@ opposite ends? I’m looking to add S.American Cichlids 

Edited by Iris

I've found that having two heaters that run on opposite sides of the tank at a lower temp. can improve the life of a heater. It's comforting  to myself to know that if one heater stops working at night another heater is at least going. I also have some South American Cichlids. 

• Like 1

i have a 55 gallon and only have one heater on temperature controller in the middle  .. have another  heater like it for backup learn to have backups on heater and filters .. ..but i went with a bigger size of heating .. to be sure whole tank is warm ..  the holder it is my bristolnose pelco and snails hangout ..