Safe Winter Storage for Tanks and Equipment

PineSong

I live in the lower midwest, so we have lots of ups and downs all winter--it gets freezing but usually not for many days in a row.

I'm wondering about the best way to store tanks and equipment I'm not using, if they can't be stored inside the house.

I have a shed which shares one wall with the house so it's not as cold as outdoors but it's not heated. I am wondering if I could safely store tanks empty and upside down on shelves so if any mice come in they cannot chew on the silicone.  Then I thought I'd put extra sponge filters and HOBs in a closed tote on the same shelves and store just the heaters in the house to protect them from dramatic temperature changes.

Any problems with this plan based on your experience, for those of you who've had to store stuff outdoors-ish? Thanks!

• Like 1

@PineSong actually live in same area or atleast that’s what I would call it. I’m in central Indiana not sure where you are. I had 4 tanks in garage and got worried about same thing and took them back inside and made my laundry room almost impossible to work in😬. I hope you get some good responses here because I’d love to get them back to the garage. Sorry I couldn’t be any help.

• Like 1