Yoyo Loach Aggression?

StockEwe49

Hi all, I have very recently added a small yoyo loach to a planted 55 gal with guppies. What I have been noticing is it will start to chase any fish that comes close, then the yoyo loach will start chasing another totally random guppy. Those that have yoyo loaches, is this normal or is this because the yoyo loach is in a new environment? I highly doubt he is stressed because he is hungry considering there are a ton of snails in the tank. Do yoyo loaches need to establish a territory? I'm curious to see what everyone's answers are.

UPDATE:
It seemed to be caused by food, I put an algae wafer in and the yoyo loach seems to be eating it then looking for snails and repeating that. Does anyone know when yoyo loaches start eating snails because maybe he is too small to be eating them? I have seen him try to eat a couple.

Edited by StockEwe49
clarification

a lot of fishes will be very aggressive torwards food when they are starving; however you have a bigger problem. You must keep these in a group - a min of 6 - more the better else it will become obnoxiously aggressive when it gets larger and they do get fairly large.

• Thanks 1